The City of Pratt KS is currently taking applications for Full Time (40 hours a week) Emergency Dispatch Communications Officer to fill open positions within the department. Pratt is a City of approximately 7,000 people located 70 miles west of Wichita KS. Pratt Communications Officers handle emergency radio and 911 traffic for all law enforcement, fire and emergency medical services in Pratt County. City of Pratt Communications Officers may be required to work 12 hour shifts, holidays, and weekends as assigned.
TYPE: Full Time
Entry level Emergency Dispatch
Communications Officers can
start at approximately
$15.32/hr. Starting salary for
Lateral entry Emergency Dispatch
Communications Officers is
commensurate with experience and
The City of Pratt provides, as a sampling, the following benefits for full-time employees:
• Paid Vacation Time after 1 year of full time employment
• Paid Sick Leave Time
• Paid Injury leave
• 6 Paid Holidays
• 2 Paid Discretionary Days
• Longevity Pay after 1 year of employment
• Health and Dental Insurance through Blue Cross/Blue Shield
• KPERS Retirement Program
• Paid Life Insurance through Advance Life Insurance
• Other Optional Insurance (including cancer and injury) through AFLAC
• Deferred Compensation Plans through ING.
No previous experience
Must be able to type forty (40) words per minute.
Must have or be able to complete NCIC Certification within one (1) year of employment.
Education: High School diploma or GED. Possession of a valid driver’s license is mandatory.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check with no felony or major misdemeanor convictions.
Applicants must be able to communicate proficiently.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug screen.
Applicants must be possess basic computer skills in order to effectively transmit data from a call source to police, fire, emergency medical services, and other businesses and/or citizens
Environmental conditions and physical demands
Our communications officers work in a secure, windowless facility. Work environment is often noisy and distracting and the employee must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time while taking calls and relaying information.
In addition to the above, with or without reasonable accommodation, employees in this job must possess sufficient:
• Clarity of speech and hearing permitting the employee to: listen and respond to radio transmissions and voice instructions so that they can communicate effectively in person, on the telephone and two-way radios; have the ability to hear sounds within the normal range of conversation (phone conversations, co-workers, supervisors, and radio traffic) and to hear in the presence of noise;
• Visual discrimination and perception permitting the employee to distinguish differences between colors on maps and specialized communications equipment and to see detailed objects on printed materials and/or computer screens;
• Manual dexterity permitting the employee to operate control mechanisms such as radio knobs and other mechanisms requiring fine adjustments to position, to handle a variety of records and files, to type with speed and accuracy, and to operate standard office equipment, including a personal computer;
• Personal mobility, with or without reasonable accommodation, to permit the employee to stand or sit for long periods of time, move between work stations, lift up to 25 pounds and operate in an office environment.
OBTAINING AN APPLICATION:
Applications are available at
the Pratt Police Department
located at 303 S Oak Street at
the City Offices located at 619
S Main Street, you can obtain a
printable application through
the following link.
Please include RESUME with Application.
The City of Pratt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CLOSING DATE: 01/01/2019