The Sherman County Sheriff's Office is currently accepting applications for the position of Patrol Deputy/School Resource Deputy. The School Resource Deputy will be assigned to the Schools in USD-352 during school year and then normal Patrol duties during the summer. Sherman County is a rural agricultural and cattle county located in North West Kansas along I-70. Sherman County is a progressive community of approximately 6115 population. The Sherman County Bastille is a 28 bed facility that houses for local agencies and surrounding counties. Come join our law enforcement team serving Sherman County. We are searching for career-minded public servants that are ethical and hard-working.
TYPE: Full Time
Starting salary $30,570 to
$38,000 Depending on training &
• Uniforms and Equipment furnished
• Single or family health coverage
• Vacation and sick coverage
• 10 paid holidays
• Kansas Public Employees Retirement System
• Take home Patrol Vehicle
• Must be 21years of age,
• High school Diploma or equivalent.
• No felony convictions
• No Misdemeanor DV or integrity convictions.
• Valid driver's license.
• Ability to visually recognize & distinguish colors.
• Pass pre-employment physical and drug screening
• Pass pre-employment background check
• Pass pre-employment written test and physical agility test
• Pass pre-employment psychological evaluation
• No "Brady/Giglio" information in personal or professional background
• Willing to work shift work, weekends, and holidays.
• Preferred qualifications are Kansas Certified Law Enforcement Officer or equivalent from another State
• Preferred qualifications experience working as a School Resource Office.
Applicants are required to pass a psychological evaluation, physical and drug test.
Background checks will be completed on all prospective applicants.
OBTAINING AN APPLICATION:
Call or write: Sheriff Burton
Sherman County Sheriff's Office
813 1/2 Broadway
Goodland, KS 67735
Or download from www.shermancountysheriff.com
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled