The Council Grove Police Department is accepting applications for a full time Police Officer that is proactive and possesses a good work ethic.
The Police Department consists of a Chief, Sergeant, five full time officers, including a K9 Team, and three part time officers.
The city of Council Grove is the county seat of Morris County, Kansas, with a population of over 2,000 residents. It is home to the Council Grove City Lake, the Council Grove Federal Reservoir, and 13 sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places. There are several local eateries, a twenty four hour convenience store, a Dollar General, and several small businesses including a local grocery store.
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- No domestic violence related convictions
- No Brady/Giglio material
- No felony convictions
- Must live within 20 minutes of the city limits of Council Grove
- 6 month probation period
- Must be able to pass a thorough background check, physical, psychological test, and a drug/alcohol test is required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- $16.50-$24-50 DOQ
- KPERS, health insurance, dental, vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
Please pick up an application at the Council Grove city hall located at 205 N. Union Street or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Resume is required when turning in application.
Contact Police Chief Shawn Wangerin at email@example.com