The Kansas City, Kansas Police Department is looking for the best and brightest individuals - those who want to help their community and make a difference. A career with the Kansas City, Kansas Police Department offers challenge, excitement, variety, teamwork and job satisfaction. Plus, it offers excellent salary and benefits. Explore the many different ways that you can become a member of a premier law enforcement agency.
- 1st Year: $48,555
- After 2 Years: $61,985 (Lateral Starting Pay with 3 Years’ Experience)
- After 5 Years: $74,284
- After 10 Years: $80,045
- After 14 Years: $82,047
- After 19 Years: $84,853
- Longevity Pay:
- After 5 Years: $46.03/month
- After 8 Years: $73.71/month
- After 12 Years: $101.32/month
- After 16 Years: $140.45/month
- After 20 Years: $156.63/month
- After 25 Years: $194.88/month
- College Incentive Pay
- 47 Credit Hours: $50/month
- Associate’s Degree: $100/month
- Bachelor’s Degree: $125/month
- Master’s Degree: $155/month
- After 1 Year: 3 Weeks
- After 5 Years: 4 Weeks
- After 11 Years: 5 Weeks
- After 19 Years: 6 Weeks
Minimum Requirements for Position:
Applicants must be a United States Citizen, possess a valid driver’s license, be of good moral character, have vision at least 20/100 (correctable to 20/30) with normal color vision. Applicants must be at least 20 years of age at the time of application, and possess a high school diploma or GED. Applicants should refer to K.S.A. 74-5605 for a full listing of disqualifiers for the State of Kansas Peace Officers. Applicants with current Law Enforcement Certification and three (3) or more years of patrol/field experience from any recognized law enforcement agency (lateral transfer officers) may, at the department’s discretion, be sent through an abbreviated academy with KCKPD lasting approximately 5 weeks. The original completion certificate from the issuing agency is required at the time of application.
Instruction on How to Apply for the Position:
Reach out to a recruiter by emailing email@example.com or visit our webpage at www.kckpd.org/careers.html to get an application.
Complete the application and submit it with the following documentation:
- Pre-Employment Questionnaire
- Official High School Transcript (Sealed Envelope) (ANY AND ALL HIGHSCHOOLS ATTENDED)
- Official GED displaying scores (Sealed Envelope)(IF APPLICABLE)
- Official College Transcripts – if applicable (Sealed Envelope)(ANY ANDALL COLLEGES ATTENDED)
- Birth Certificate (Original State Certified Document) (A COPY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE)
- Valid Driver’s License
- DD-214 – Long form which specifies type and reason for discharge (If applicant has prior military service)
- Original Law Enforcement Certificate (if applicable)
The application can be submitted in person to our Human Resources Department at 701 N 7th Street Traffic way Kansas City, KS 66101.
You can also submit the application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the application is submitted, along with all required documents, HR will give you a test date.
Closing Date: Until Filled – Next Academy Class: July 2021 (18-20 Recruit Officers Desired)
Contact Information if Desired: