The City of Greensburg is seeking a highly motivated individual to fulfill the duties of a part-time law enforcement officer. Our department is looking for a professional, motivated person with strong moral character, who has an interest in protecting and serving the residents of a small community which takes great pride in its small-town feel. Applicants should possess a community-orienting policing mindset and desire, and should possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Greensburg is a small community consisting of approximately 800 bedding residence but nearing 1,000 patrons during business hours. The Greensburg Police Department consists of the full-time Chief of Police and three part time Police Officer positions.
- Enforce all city codes, ordinances, state laws, and federal laws.
- Respond to calls for police service, both emergency and non-emergency.
- Patrol the city in vehicle and by foot to prevent and discover criminal activity.
- Enforce traffic laws and issue traffic citations when appropriate.
- Secure and investigate crime scenes along with the collection and preservation of evidence. • Make arrests in accordance with state laws and proper apprehension techniques.
- Complete appropriate reports, forms, logs, and other paperwork as required.
- Testify in court when subpoenaed.
- Provide emergency aid as needed, including the duties of a first responder to all medical and fire calls within the city limits.
This work schedule may require weekends, holiday, shift work, overtime and court appearances. Hours available are dependent upon the applicant’s desired amount, with a minimum of 16 hours per month and a maximum of 96 hours per month.
Type: Part Time
Salary: $14.70 – $25.06 per hour depending on qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, at least 21 years of age, possess a valid Kansas Driver’s License, possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. and have no Felony, serious misdemeanor, or Domestic Violence convictions. Applicant must pass an extensive background investigation and an oral interview. Applicants must be able to legally possess a firearm to carry out duties needed to perform this job. A conditional job offer requires a drug test, psychological examination and physical examination.
Current KLETC Certification is preferred but not required.
Application Process: To apply please complete an application, which can be obtained online at https://www.greensburgks.org/departments/human-resources/city-of-greensburg-job-application/view or pick an application up in person at City Hall.
Once completed please return it along with a cover letter to Chief Aaron Webb by email at email@example.com or mail it to the Greensburg Police Department at 300 South Main Street, Greensburg, Kansas 67054.
The City of Greensburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer