Location: Kansas City, KS
Assist in the University's goal of providing a high-quality educational experience by affording a safe environment for staff, students, and visitors. Uphold state statutes, city ordinances, and University policies. Provide education and protection to the staff and students at KUMC. Enforce laws as well as campus policy to keep the peace and maintain a safe and secure campus while promoting a positive image of law enforcement. Police Officers regularly conduct criminal investigations, perform searches and seizures, arrest offenders, present criminal cases to prosecutors for prosecution into district and municipal courts, respond to medical and other emergencies, write moving traffic violations and assist other local law enforcement agencies. High school diploma or equivalent. Certified or ability to be certified as a law enforcement officer by the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center. No convictions of or diversions from any felony crimes, or any misdemeanor or felony crimes of domestic violence. Special Qualifications: U.S. citizen; 21 years of age; valid driver's license; drug screen for new hires (certified positions); and annual firearms qualification (certified positions).
Position Salary/Benefits: $23.52/hour, $48,911 Annual
Minimum Requirement for Position As per State specifications.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to fulfill requirements of an approved Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center.
- Must possess a valid, unrestricted driver’s license (corrective lenses acceptable).
- Requires use of firearms; therefore to be eligible, candidates cannot have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor domestic violence crime per 18 U.S.C. 992(g)(8)(9).
- Must be eligible to attend a basic law enforcement training program acceptable to KLETC or already be certified as a law enforcement officer.
- Candidates must take and pass a drug screen test as mandated by the State. Per KSA,
- candidates must submit and successfully complete a background investigation, medical and psychological examinations, and a physical fitness assessment.
- Must be willing to receive an annual influenza (flu) vaccination.
- No previous convictions of a felony or child abuse.
- No previous domestic violence related convictions or diversions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have valid unrestricted driver’s license (vision correction allowed).
- No driver’s license suspensions within the previous two (2) years.
Preferred Qualifications: Two (2) years experience in general law enforcement or two (2) years education in criminology at the college level. Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of law enforcement.
Instructions on How to Apply for the Position: Visit https://kumc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/kumc-jobs/3/refreshFacet/318c8bb6f553100021d223d9780d30be, search "police," to apply.
Closing Date: closing date unspecified, open until filled, approximately 10/31/21.
Contact Information: Human Resources, 913-588-5080