The City of Saint George, Kansas is a rapidly growing and progressively minded community located in SW Pottawatomie County on the Kansas River (7 miles east of Manhattan within the Rock Creek School District) and is one of the fastest growing areas in the State of Kansas. Our Police Department believes in and practices integrity, professionalism, and a community-based policing philosophy that works with the community rather than against it. We are proactive, but still sensitive to the needs of a smaller community environment. We are looking to expand our ranks with a highly qualified, professional, ethical, and community oriented Full-Time Police Officer.
- $37,440-$41,600/year($18.00-$20.00/hour & eligible for overtime)
•100% employer paid employee BC/BS health insurance & dental insurance
- 100% employer paid BlueFire Med for employee & dependents
- $250/year vision reimbursement
- Retirement (KPERS)
- KPERS life insurance provided at no cost to employee at 1.5 times your yearly salary
- Additional life insurance may be purchased at low employee cost
- 40 hours of vacation 1styear (80 hours beginning 2ndyear) Vacation is awarded upfront.
- 96 hours of sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays (The most holiday leave in the area!)
- Take home patrol vehicle if residency is established within city limits.
- Must be 21 years of age or older;
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must have a valid Kansas driver's license with a good driving record;
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Must be in good physical condition;
- Must not have been convicted of a crime of domestic violence, serious traffic or any felony or its equivalent under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
- KLETC certified or eligible for reciprocity from another state.
- Must have above average written and oral communication skills.
An extensive background investigation including previous employment history, references (both listed and unlisted), criminal history, and driving record will be conducted in addition to a psychological examination, physical examination, and drug screen.
Information for Obtaining an Application:
Qualified applicants may pick up an employment application in person at 214 E. First Street Saint George, Kansas 66535. You may also request & submit an application by email email@example.com. Please call 785-494-2556 if you have any questions. Please submit a resume and copy of your DD214 (if applicable) with your completed application.
Closing Date: Open until filled with a qualified candidate.