Patrol Deputy Wanted: The Lane County Sheriff’s Office is currently seeking a motivated and pro-active individual for Patrol Deputy within our agency.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to; patrol work, responding to emergency calls, dispatched calls, conducting investigations, interviewing, gathering evidence, serving warrants, civil process, enforcing traffic laws, enforcing federal and state laws, preparing reports, and the ability to work with the general public of Lane County. Deputy in this position must be able to act without direct supervision and exercise independent judgment in handling emergencies.
Deputies work rotating shifts with every other 3-day weekend off. Must be willing to work nights.
Type: Full Time SALARY: DOQ.
- KPERS retirement
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas Health and Dental Insurance
- Optional AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Will provide take home vehicle, uniform, and equipment
- Paid time off / Paid Holidays Minimum Requirements
- Candidates shall not have any Felony, Domestic Violence, or serious misdemeanor convictions, and/or other criminal or civil legal action pending.
- Be of good moral character
- No Brady/Giglio issues
- Possess at least a high school diploma or GED
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Must be a resident of Lane County within 90 days of hire
- Starting salary depends on the applicant’s experience
- ALL APPLICANTS MUST PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK AND INTERVIEWS
Applications can be picked up at the Lane County Sheriff’s Office 144 S. Lane St Dighton, KS 67835 3rd floor or call 620-397-2828. Request for application to be emailed or mailed can be made. Resume and applications can be submitted to the Lane County Sheriff’s Office at P.O. Box 478 Dighton, KS 67839.
Printable Applications are at http://www.lanecountyks.org/sheriff.htm just click on Employment Application. Email, Job Application as the title to [Email hidden] with the title Job Application.
CLOSING DATE: Until filled