The Stafford County Sheriff’s Department is looking for an extremely self-motivated, hardworking go getter to fill a road Deputy position. The Department is a family-orientated unit consisting of six positions Sheriff, Undersheriff and four Deputies. Qualified applicants will be someone who is able to make good, sound, quick decisions under stress.
The person that is right for this job will need little to no supervision. Full-time certified Law Enforcement preferred but not required. Applicant must be 21 at the time of applying and have a minimum of a high school diploma.
Deputies report to the Sheriff and Undersheriff. All equipment and take-home patrol vehicle are furnished. The Department updates equipment as needed our vehicles are replaced every four years. Residency is required within the county.
The county has health, eye and dental Insurance available and KPERS retirement. This is a full-time position with rotating days; off Deputies work four on two off on the evening shift. This is a newly added position. With this position we will rotate deputies to day shift a month at a time. While on day shift, you’ll work Mon thru Fri 8a to 5p with every weekend off.
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must possess a valid Kansas driver’s license
- No arrest convictions
- Must pass a background investigation.
- Must pass a physical and drug test.
- Must pass a Psych Evaluation
- No Brady/Giglio issues
- Patrol the county and issue citation for traffic infractions.
- Investigates accidents, property and person crimes.
- Apprehend and arrest suspects
- Serve Civil Process Papers
All applications need to be in by Oct. 29th, 2021
Contact the Stafford County Dispatch
209 N Broadway St. John Ks, 67576