The City of Dodge City is accepting applications for Entry Level and Lateral Police Officer positions.
Wage: $20.69 - $29.24
A $1,000 hiring bonus is now being offered for new recruits!
Lateral Entry Officer Starting Pay up to $29.24 DOE
Lateral Entry Detective up to $30.85 DOE
Qualifying experience for lateral consideration; Full credit:
- State/County/Municipal/Tribal sworn law enforcement (full arrest powers/certified by a state commission/board of professional standards). The population and call load in which the years of service to be considered, must be comparable in size to the Dodge City Police Dept. or larger.
- Federal law enforcement will be evaluated based on the specific agency and assignment. Sworn (arrest powers) law enforcement service, including but not limited to: FBI, DHS, ATF, DEA, US Marshal, and ICE, will qualify as full credit years of service as well as qualified lateral detective years of service.
- US Military Police (MP), and Criminal Investigations Division (CID) will qualify as full credit years of service. CID will qualify as well as lateral detective years of service.
- Full credit years of service = 1 to 1 credit. For each year of qualifying law enforcement experience the lateral transfer would go one step up on the current pay scale.
Qualifying experience for lateral consideration; Partial credit:
- Sworn law enforcement years of service including but not limited to: US Border Patrol, FBI Police, will be given partial years of service credit.
- Partial years of service credit = (.5) year credit for each one (1) year of service.
Prior military, corrections, and security years of service will not be considered for lateral credit.
Sworn law enforcement officers who come from an agency that is smaller and/or has less of a call load will be evaluated and placed in the pay scale by city administration.
- Yearly pay increases with 14 step pay scale; lateral entry available.
- Kansas Police & Fire Retirement System
- Employer provided family/single medical and dental insurance
- Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Life Insurance
- Incentive pay for bilingual skills [1-7% of base pay]
- Incentive pay for Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree
- Excellent training program and police academy training is paid for by employer
Qualifications: High school diploma or G.E.D., U.S. Citizenship, 21 years of age, no felony convictions or domestic violence history, valid driver’s license, and good driving record.
Apply online: www.PoliceApp.com/DodgeCity
For more information contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources 620-225-8100 or the Dodge City Police Dept. 620-225-8126
Find us on Facebook - Dodge City Police Department
Closing Date 1-1-2022