WANTED, Experienced Law Enforcement Officer desiring to work in a school setting.
Chanute Public Schools is seeking someone who values building relationships with students while providing safety and security within its school buildings and sponsored events
Work when students are in school, Enjoy time off on school holidays and breaks!
- 12-month full-time position working for USD 413
- Uniforms and equipment provided
- In service training provided
- KPERS III Retirement. Up to $100/mo. match on the 403B retirement plan Health Insurance offered through BCBS of Kansas.
- Minimum of five years experience in law enforcement
- High school diploma and above average communication skills
- Kansas Law Enforcement Training Academy graduate and current in-service training hours Pass written and physical agility test, background investigation, drug screening and FBI/KBI fingerprint check
- Complete SRO Certification course and maintain certification
Among the Officer’s Duties:
- Exercise initiative and discretion while reacting quickly and calmly when faced with emergency conditions
- Cope with situations firmly, courteously, tactfully while respecting the rights of all citizens Patrol assigned areas using assigned police equipment, investigate suspicious conditions and respond to complaints or calls for service
- Direct traffic and investigate accidents
- Promote crime prevention and security programs
Applications accepted through December 31, 2021. Starting date, ASAP 2021. Questions should be directed to Officer Matt Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply or read full job description at: https://chanute.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx