The Harper County Sheriff’s Office has an opening for a full-time Deputy Sheriff position. The Harper County Sheriff’s Office consists of the Sheriff, Undersheriff, Sergeant, K-9 Deputy, School Resource Officer, two sworn Deputies, and 2 Reserve Deputies. Our schedule consists of set 12-hour shifts that allow a 3-day weekend off every other week. Harper County offers paid health and dental insurance options, employer funded Health Reimbursement Account, KPERS retirement plan, Life Insurance and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. The department will pay for your attendance at the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center if not already certified, and upon completion you will receive the opportunity for further advanced training as you progress in your career as well as a pay increase.
Applications are available in the Human Resources Office of the Harper County Courthouse, as well as online at www.harpercountyks.gov, and will be accepted until the positions are filled. Harper County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualifications for Deputy Sheriff are as follows:
- One year of similar experience is preferred but not required. This employee is expected to have acquired the necessary information and skills to perform skills reasonably well within one year of employment. A high school diploma or GED is required. This position requires graduation from the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center, or from a reciprocating law enforcement training center and a valid Kansas Driver’s License.
- A thorough knowledge of all federal, state and local laws, computers, investigative techniques, first aid, and firearms. This employee must be able to efficiently operate, computers, firearms, patrol vehicles, radar, equipment, cameras, and other law enforcement equipment
Duties for Deputy Sheriff are as follows:
- Enforces all federal, state, and local laws,
- Serves subpoena, warrants, and other legal documents, Investigates crimes, accidents, and suspicious behavior and subjects, Performs routine patrol duties.
- Assists other agencies with investigations.
- Testifies in Court, Performs maintenance of patrol vehicles, Makes arrests of people involved in criminal activity, Issues traffic citations.
Pay for Deputy Sheriff is as follows:
$16.48-$18.55+ depending on qualifications.