“Serving and Protecting the Citizens of Miami County”
Apply at www.miamicounty ks.org
We invite you to enter a Career Opportunity at Miami County Kansas
Located south of Johnson County in a beautiful country setting.
Comradery, protecting and helping people, future in law enforcement and using your communication skills. If this is what motivates you, let’s talk!
We are interested in professional, highly motivated, great communicators that want to serve the citizens of Miami County.
Hiring range: $17.55 - $19.15 per hour depending on qualifications
- 100% paid medical insurance for HDHP single coverage,
- 80% county-paid premium for PPO and family coverage on all plans
- Health Savings Account:
- County Annual Contribution: $2,381.52 single, $4,081.68 family
- County paid $30,000 life insurance for employee
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Vacation: 96 hours per year
- Sick leave: 96 hours per year
- KPERS Retirement
- Uniform cleaning allowance, extensive paid training plus much more.
Job Description Summary
- Answering phone lines and handling 9-1-1 system.
- Monitoring movements of all emergency crews.
- Answer 9-1-1 emergency telephone and alarm system calls
- Determine the type of emergency and its location and decide the appropriate response based on agency procedures
- Relay information to the appropriate first-responder agency
- Coordinate the dispatch of emergency response personnel to accident scenes
- Monitor and track the status of police and fire units
- Synchronize responses with other area communication centers
- Keep detailed records of calls
- Maintain and operate CAD computer system, OPENFOX terminal, 9-1-1 enhanced system.
- Evaluate, prioritize and coordinate emergency and non-emergency calls; dispatch equipment/personnel through radio; relay information to other agencies; data enter call information.
Other related duties:
- Enter, receive and disseminate information from the NCIC computer system.
- Provides public with assistance
- Dispatches storm spotters
- Write reports
Backgrounds checks including drug screen, physical and psych tests conducted.
High School Diploma or GED, One-year related experience, valid Kansas Driver’s License
- Performs sedentary work, sitting at a desk for prolonged periods. May stand for extended period during presentations. Lifts 50 pounds maximum and occasionally handles office equipment and materials. Stoops and bends when using files. Good physical health required.
- Visual, Hearing and Dexterity Demands:
- Requires concentrated visual attention which must be maintained for sustained periods. Good vision and hearing acuity is required. Good eye and hand coordination is required. Must possess good dexterity to operate appropriate equipment.
- Working Conditions:
- Works in clean, well lighted, heated and ventilated area.
Miami County is an equal opportunity provider and employer