Do you enjoy the outdoors? Would you like to work in parks all day? Does community centered policing excite you? If so, apply with the Johnson County Park Police Department, a state certified law enforcement agency. The Johnson County Park Police Department offers one of law enforcement's most unique and rewarding career paths. Our Park Police Officers provide law enforcement services for millions of park visitors each year and they patrol approximately 10,000 acres of park land, water impoundments and associated recreational facilities. Park Police Officers also present a large variety of environmental and cultural interpretation programs ranging from living history to live wildlife presentations and hands-on ecology offerings.
The Johnson County Park and Recreation District (JCPRD) provides excellent health and recreational benefits to our employees.
• 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
• Johnson County Park and Recreation District Program Discounts
• KP&F Retirement Program
• Flexible Spending Account
• Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
• Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave
• Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• JCPRD Fitness Centers
• Tuition Reimbursement
The 2022 starting pay is $23.30 to $27.42 per hour with the pay dependent upon experience. Requirements:
• United States Citizenship
• Minimum 21 years of age
• Able to pass a thorough background investigation including state and national fingerprint checks.
• No felony convictions
• No domestic violence convictions, diversions, or expungements
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Good moral character
• Be able to complete a psychological evaluation to determine that the applicant does not have a mental or personality disorder that would adversely affect the applicant’s ability to perform the essential functions of a police officer.
• Be free of any physical or mental condition that might adversely affect the performance of a police officer’s duties.
Preference Given: For a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Kansas Law Enforcement Officer Certification is not required but preferred.
Responsibilities: The Park Police Officer I is an entry level law enforcement position that includes the presentation of environmental educational programs. No subordinates report to this position. Work is performed under the general supervision of a field supervisor. Effectiveness is measured by personal observation and periodic evaluation of written and other assigned tasks. Scheduled hours provide for a 40 hour work week with variable hours and shifts, although work may be assigned on any day, at any hour of the day or night. The Park Police Officer I performs uniformed patrol of JCPRD properties as assigned, assists park visitors, protects facilities and arrests offenders. The Park Police Officer I also presents interpretative and other educational programs on cultural and environmental topics. A Park Police Officer I works with persons of all ages and societal backgrounds, has a good knowledge of JCPRD operations and is able to articulate same to persons seeking information.
For more information, contact Captain Rob Weber at 913-826-3470 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may apply on-line through the Johnson County Park and Recreation District Human Resources Office at https://www.jcprd.com/FormCenter/Human-Resources-12/Job-Application 50.
This position expires on March 31, 2022.