The City of Sedgwick (pop. 1,700) is accepting applications for part-time police officer vacancies. Sedgwick is located approximately 20 miles north of downtown Wichita with city boundaries split into both Harvey and Sedgwick counties. The Police Department has recently updated most of its equipment to include new vehicles, MDT’s, and a remodeled PD Building. The Sedgwick Police Department is focused on expanding our role within the community. PT Officer shifts/days are flexible.
All applicants should possess a proactive, self-motivated mindset that seeks to add value to the organization while interacting with the community.
Because we work in both Harvey and Sedgwick counties, part-time officers have an excellent opportunity to build a network of strong relationships within the region. The City of Sedgwick is supportive of individuals who are looking to build a resume and transition to a full-time position with another agency.
- KLETC Certification to serve as a full-time officer within the State of Kansas is strongly preferred. Willing to train and certify the right applicant.
- High school diploma/GED
- Must be a United States citizen
- No city residency requirement for PT Officers
- Must possess a valid Kansas driver's license
- No felony convictions or disqualifying criminal history
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- No Brady/Giglio issues
All applicants can complete an application https://4d3ca967-230f-45dc-9692-53297b3965f9.filesusr.com/ugd/5840fd_8621ff09ba6d4caead0bd1bb55f2c1e8.pdf
and email it to Chief of Police Brian Daily at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position is open until filled.