The City of Ellis is accepting applications for a career-minded individual who wants to serve the community by protecting citizens as a Full-Time Entry Level Police Officer or a Lateral Transfer Police Officer in a full-service 24-hour department.
This position involves highly responsible work in taking calls for service, patrolling to deter and detect crime, investigating complaints, citing and/or arresting law violators, etc. Work is performed with independence and in accordance with applicable laws, ordinances, and regulations, under the general supervision of a superior officer. Successful applicants should possess good motivational, interpersonal, public relations, and communications skills. A thorough background check will be conducted.
Qualifications required include:
- Valid Kansas Driver’s License
- Must be a US Citizen and at least 21 years of age by application date.
- High School Diploma. No prior law enforcement experience is required.
- No felony or domestic violence convictions are permitted.
- KLETC certification or completion of KLETC training.
- Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment written test, oral interview, and a physical and mental health evaluation.
- Drug/alcohol testing required after provisional offer of employment.
- Residency required within 30 miles of the Ellis City limits.
- Single/Family health, dental and vision insurance paid 100% by employer.
- Single life insurance policy paid 100% by employer.
- Sick leave, Vacation, and KPERS
Job description and applications are available at the Ellis City Clerk’s Office or online at www.ellis.ks.us.
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain an application. Send your resume and application by mail to:
City of Ellis
c/o Chief Avery Smith
815 Jefferson St.
Ellis, KS 67637.
For more information, contact the Ellis Police Department at 785-726-4462.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL January 31st, 2022.
The City of Ellis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and reserves the right to reject any and all applications