The Eudora Police Department is seeking motivated persons to join our department!
The City of Eudora, KS with a population of 6,600 is seeking responsible applicants for a full time Police Officer position. Candidates must be able to pass drug & physical screenings, background check & psychological testing, have valid Kansas driver's license, and high school degree or GED is required. Kansas Law Enforcement Certificate required but will train the right person.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enforce all federal, state and local laws and ordinances
- Investigate crimes; collects evidence; conducts searches
- Responds to radio dispatches and answers call and complaints
- Make arrest and testifies in court; prepares incidents and various reports
- Enforce traffic laws; investigates accidents; issue traffic citations; provide first responder medical assistance
- Conducts department outreach and education programs to the public
- High school or GED diploma
- United States Citizen
- 21 years of age at time of appointment
- KLETC certified officers preferred, but not required. We will train the right person
- No felony, domestic violence or serious misdemeanor offenses
- Possess a valid Kansas driver’s license
Selection process includes an oral board interview, extensive background check, drug screen, physical and psychological testing.
- Starting salary varies depending on qualifications.
- Individual health, dental & vision insurance
- Vacation & sick leave
- Kansas Police & Fire Retirement
- Uniform and equipment provided
Application and full job description is available online at www.cityofeudoraks.gov and at Eudora City Hall, 4 E. 7th Street, Eudora, KS 66025. Application/resume can be submitted on the City's website.
Position open until filled.