The Wellsville Police Department is seeking motivated applicants for the position of Police Officer. Our Department believes in honor, integrity, commitment to public safety and good communication. We are seeking individuals who possess these traits and are committed to a long career in law enforcement.
The City of Wellsville is a community of approximately 1,800 and growing. Our Department is currently staffed with 5 full time officers plus the Police Chief. Construction has begun on a new police station. We are adding 1 full time position to our current team to provide service to our growing community.
- Certified Officers start at $21.00
- Non-Certified Start at $20.00
Duties and responsibilities:
- Enforcing all federal, state and local laws and ordinances
- Patrolling business districts and residential neighborhoods to deter and detect crime.
- Respond to a variety of calls for service
- Make good decisions in high pressure, intense situations
- Investigate/follow- up on reports and cases
- Protecting person(s) or property; and securing and protecting prisoners.
- When not responding to calls for service, department members are expected to use self-directed work time in an efficient manner by self-initiating work on those tasks identified by supervisory personnel as priorities for this job position.
- Participate in community events / activities.
- Must be willing to work a highly flexible schedule based on case load and needs of the department.
- This position requires working Days, Nights, Weekends and Holidays.
- Quarterly shift rotation between day/night
- Officers work 12 hour shifts with every other 3 day weekend off for a total of 7 days/84 hours in a 14 day period.
- High school or GED diploma.
- United States Citizen
- 21-years of age at time of appointment
- KLETC certified officers preferred, but not required. We will train the right person
- No Felony, domestic violence or serious misdemeanor offenses
- Possess a valid Kansas driver's license
Selection process includes an oral board interview, extensive background check, drug screen, physical, and psychological testing.
- Take home vehicle if residing within a 25 mile radius.
- Uniform and equipment provided
- Employer paid Medical, Dental and Life for employee
- Sick leave, Paid holidays and KPERS retirement.
- Supplemental Insurance Options available. – VSP Vision, AFLAC, Additional life.
To submit a resume and request an application please contact:
Wellsville Police Department
Attn: Chief D. Hackler
Wellsville, Ks 66092
Email address: email@example.com
The City of Wellsville is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date: Open until Filled. Position may close to applications without notice.