The Lyons Police Department is hiring for the position for a police Officer. The Police Officer is Under the supervision of the Chief of Police. The City of Lyons is a growing community with about 3700 residents. Lyons is only 30 minutes away from Great Bend, McPherson and Hutchinson, Kansas. Lyons is also only an hour from Salina or Wichita, Kansas. The Police Department consists 6 full-time Officers including the Chief of Police, Sergeant, and 4 patrol Officers and 2 part-time Officers.
- Certified Officers start at $19.23 - $24.03 an hour Depending on qualifications
- Non-Certified Start at $17.30-19.23 Depending on qualifications
Duties and responsibilities:
- Enforcing all federal, state and local laws and ordinances
- Patrolling business districts and residential neighborhoods to deter and detect crime.
- Respond to a variety of calls for service
- Make good decisions in high pressure, intense situations
- Investigate/follow- up on reports and cases
- Protecting person(s) or property; and securing and protecting prisoners.
- When not responding to calls for service, department members are expected to use self-directed work time in an efficient manner by self-initiating work on those tasks identified by supervisory personnel as priorities for this job position.
- Participate in community events / activities.
- Must be willing to work a highly flexible schedule based on case load and needs of the department.
- This position requires working Days, Nights, Weekends and Holidays.
- High school or GED diploma.
- United States Citizen
- 21-years of age at time of appointment
- KLETC certified officers preferred, but not required. We will train the right person
- No Felony, domestic violence or serious misdemeanor offenses
- Possess a valid Kansas driver's license
- Officers work 12 hour shifts with every other 3 day weekend off for a total of 7 working days/84 hours in a 14 day period.
- Medical, Dental, vision and Life for employees and families partially paid by employer
- 8 hours Sick leave accrued a month, 14 Paid holidays, and KPERS retirement.
- Paid Vacation- 40 hours after the first-year anniversary, 80 hours after your second anniversary, and 80 hours of vacation in January after your second anniversary.
To submit a resume and request an application please contact:
Lyons Police Department
Chief Justin Holliday
1344 W. Main
Lyons, Ks 67554
Email address: PD505@lyonsks.org
Or Pick-up an application at
Lyons City Office
201 W. Main
Lyons, Kansas 67554
Closing date: Open until Filled.