The Atwood Police Department is accepting applications for a full-time Police Officer. The Atwood Police Department consists of the Chief of Police, and two Police Officers. Our officers work rotating 10-hour shifts, with 2 out of every 3 weekends off.
- KPERS Retirement
- Blue Cross / Blue Shield Insurance
- Paid vacation / sick leave
- Uniforms and Equipment provided
- Take home vehicle provided
- Must be 21 years of age at employment
- Must possess a valid Driver's License
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- No Felonies, Domestic Violence, or serious Misdemeanor convictions
- No Brady/Giglio issues
- Must pass a background check and psychological test
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Must be able to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, and cover shifts at short notice
Salary is dependent upon qualifications. KLETC certification is preferred, but not required. Applications may be obtained from the City Clerk’s Office, 106 S. 3rd, Atwood, KS 67730, or call 785-626-9462 to have one mailed to you. Position is open until filled.
The City of Atwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.