The Bel Aire Police Department is seeking a motivated community-oriented individual who has strong work ethics, morals and the desire to serve and help others to fill the position of Police Officer.
- The Police Officer position protects and serves the citizens of the City of Bel Aire by enforcing all federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
- Works under the general supervision of the Police Chief and other supervisory personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enforces all federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
- Performs routine patrol duties and responds to traffic control duties.
- Makes arrests and issues traffic citations.
- Responds to emergency situations and calls for police service.
- Prepares reports and official documents.
- Interviews witnesses, suspects, and victims.
- Executes warrants and serves legal documents.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Cooperates with other public safety agencies and City departments as needed.
- Acts as departmental liaison with other law enforcement and governmental agencies at the request of the Police Chief.
- Investigates crimes and accidents.
- Testifies in court.
- Assist with the enforcement of health and zoning ordinances.
- Seizes, preserves evidence; provides security to City facilities, personnel, and operations.
- Ensures the effective operation of equipment and vehicles and ensures department compliance with applicable governmental rules and regulations.
- High School Diploma or GED. College Degree Preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- No Felony convictions or disqualifying criminal history.
- U.S. Citizen.
- This position requires 40 hours of continuing education annually.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate basic law enforcement equipment such as radios, computers, and radar; Intoxilyzer certification is preferred.
- Must be able to periodically qualify with firearms.
- Familiar with the applicable laws, ordinances and department rules and regulations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.58 - $33.32 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Apply @ www.indeed.com
Closing Date: 12/31/2023