The Butler County Sheriff's Office is currently accepting applications for the position of PART-TIME DETENTION DEPUTY for the Butler County Detention Facility.
The Butler County Detention Facility is an approximately 235 bed facility located in El Dorado, KS. In addition to housing local inmates, the Butler County Detention Facility also provides inmate housing for surrounding counties, US Marshal Service, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement. The Detention Deputy is responsible for the daily management of inmates in a direct supervision environment while maintaining safety and security therein. Duties include but are not limited to; Documenting and maintaining records of inmate activities, addressing inmate requests, performing security checks, identifying and responding to safety/ security concerns, conflict resolution.
TYPE: Part Time
SALARY: Certified Law Enforcement and Corrections Officer starting at $25.00-$28.00/hour depending on qualifications.
- Certified Law Enforcement Officer.
- Must have demonstrated a positive work history with a good attendance record
- High School Diploma or GED
- Currently possess or be able to obtain a valid KS Driver License upon selection
- US Citizen
- Ability to pass a written test, physical course, background investigation, drug screen and CVSA.
OBTAINING AN APPLICATION: Applications can be submitted via the website https://www.bucoks.com/749/Job-Postings.
CLOSING DATE: 12/01/2023