The Police Officer Position performs duties in the protection of life and property and the preservation of order in the city of Emporia. This position enforces all federal, state, and local laws and ordinances and assists with investigations. Patrol duties include enforcing traffic laws, investigation of crimes and accidents, and providing public assistance. This employee will be required to exercise initiative and discretion when faced with emergency situations.
- Eight paid holidays per year
- All uniforms and equipment furnished
- Uniform cleaning provided
- One day sick leave earned per month with a maximum carryover of 60 days
- One vacation day earned per month with a maximum carryover of 15 days
- Two paid personal leave days per year
- Up to three days paid funeral leave per year
- Single/family health, vision and dental insurance available
- $10,000 double indemnity life insurance paid by the City
- Time off with pay (compensatory time) with supervisor approval
- Minimum of 40 hours of police training per year provided with compensation
- Kansas Police and Fire Retirement System for commissioned employees
- Emporia Law Enforcement Benefit Association membership available
- Incentive pay after training benchmarks
Requirements for consideration: You must be 21 and have a HS diploma or GED, no felony charges, no domestic violence convictions and a US citizen.
Go to emporiaks.gov and click on Employment.
Contact: Capt. Lisa Hayes 620 343-4219 email@example.com
Closing Date: 08/10/2023