The Labette County Sheriff's Office is seeking multiple full-time Corrections Officers for day and night shifts. Corrections Officers are required to work 12-hour shifts, with every other weekend off. Must be able to work weekends, holidays, days, nights, and overnight.
Duties Summary: Corrections Officers are responsible for protecting the well-being of inmates, overseeing of meals, daily operation of the Jail, booking procedures of inmates, writing of reports concerning incidents, and the overall supervision of inmates inside and outside the facility.
Salary/Benefits: Wages start at $17.24 an hour (DOQ) and increase to $17.89 an hour after the first year. Weekend and evening shifts also receive an additional $0.75 shift differential. Benefits include health care, life insurance, KPERS retirement, vacation, and sick time. Additional benefits include tuition fee waivers for educational courses taken through Labette Community College, while employed with the county.
Uniforms/Training: Uniforms are provided by the Sheriff's Office, and boots are authorized for reimbursement (up to $200) after 6 months of employment. The Sheriff's Office provides in-house training, and will pay for additional training opportunities, as needed.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen;
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record;
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent;
- General Computer knowledge; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, data entry, proofreading, editing, and attention to detail.
- Must have an acceptable background; No felony or domestic violence convictions
- Prior experience in adult or juvenile corrections, law enforcement, military, or related field.
- College, or higher education in related field.
Persons interested can contact the Jail Administrator at 620-795-2565. Applications can be picked up at the Labette County Sheriff’s Office, 718 5th Street, Oswego or downloaded from our website, labettecountykssheriff.org, under the employment tab.
The Labette County Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.