The City of Saint George, Kansas is a rapidly growing community located in SW Pottawatomie County on the Kansas River (7 miles east of Manhattan within the Rock Creek School District) and is one of the fastest growing areas in the State of Kansas (second fastest growing city in Kansas with a population under 5000). Our Police Department believes in and practices integrity, professionalism, and a community-based policing philosophy that works with the community rather than against it. We are proactive, but still sensitive to the needs of a smaller community environment. We are looking to expand our ranks with a highly qualified, professional, ethical, and community oriented Full-Time Police Officer.
- $37,440-$41,600/year (certified pay $18.00-$20.00/hour & eligible for overtime)
- 100% employer paid employee BC/BS health insurance & dental insurance
- 100% employer paid BlueFire Med for employee & dependents
- $250/year vision reimbursement
- Retirement (KP&F)
- 40 hours of vacation 1st year (80 hours beginning 2nd year).
- 96 hours of sick leave per year
- 12 paid holidays
- Tattoo and facial hair friendly
- Uniforms with outer carriers
- Weekly pay
- Must be 21 years of age or older;
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must have a valid Kansas driver's license with a good driving record;
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Must be in good physical condition;
- Must not have been convicted of a crime of domestic violence, serious traffic or any felony or its equivalent under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
- KLETC certified or eligible for reciprocity from another state.
- Must have above average written and oral communication skills.
An extensive background investigation including previous employment history, references (both listed and unlisted), criminal history, and driving record will be conducted in addition to a psychological examination, physical examination, and drug screen.
Information for Obtaining an Application:
Qualified applicants may pick up an employment application in person at 214 E. First Street St George, Kansas 66535. You may also request & submit an application by email through Indeed. Please call 785-494-2556 if you have any questions. Please submit a resume and copy of your DD214 (if applicable) with your completed application.
Closing Date: Open until filled with a qualified candidate.