The Stafford County Sheriff’s Department is looking for two self-motivated, proactive individuals who like to work to fill the Road Deputy Positions. The Department is a family-orientated unit consisting of six positions Sheriff, Undersheriff and four Deputy’s.
Full-time certified Law Enforcement preferred but not required. Applicant must be 21 at the time of applying and have a minimum of a high school diploma.
Deputies report to the Sheriff and Undersheriff. All equipment and take-home patrol vehicle are furnished. The Department updates equipment as needed our vehicles are replaced every four years. Residency is required within the county.
The county has health, eye and dental Insurance available and KPERS retirement. This is a full-time position with rotating days; off Deputies work four on two off on the evening shift. Deputies are given the option to rotate to day shift every three months. While on day shift, you’ll work Mon thru Fri 8a to 5p with every weekend off.
Salary: Non-certified Starts $17.64 per hr.
Certified depends on experience.
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must possess a valid Kansas driver’s license
- No arrest convictions
- Must pass a background investigation.
- Must pass a physical and drug test.
- Must pass a Psych Evaluation
- No Brady/Giglio issues
- Patrol the county and issue citation for traffic infractions.
- Investigates accidents, property and personal crimes.
- Apprehend and arrest suspects.
- Serve Civil Process Papers
Contact the Stafford County Dispatch
209 N Broadway St. John Ks, 67576
Open until filled.