The City of Smith Center is accepting applications for a full-time police officer. Smith Center is a rural community with a population of approximately 1,500.
Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, short-term disability insurance, KPERS, paid vacation and sick leave, holiday pay and more. Uniforms and equipment are provided.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of hire
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving history
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prefer law enforcement certified but willing to train the right applicant
- Physically and mentally able to perform officer duties
- Must not have any felony or serious misdemeanor convictions; or any Brady-Giglio issues
- Possess good communication and writing skills
- Ability to interact with the public in a positive manner
An offer of employment will be contingent on the results of a background investigation, medical exam, and psychological testing. Qualified applicants can obtain an application by contacting the City Offices at 119 W. Court Street, Smith Center KS; calling 785.282.3812 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.