The City of Beloit, Kansas, is accepting applications for a full-time police officer. The City of Beloit is 12 miles east of Glen Elder Reservoir on Hwy 24. The Beloit Police Department strives to maintain a safe environment for our community.
Hours: 12-hour shifts with a Bi-Weekly pay schedule.
Salary: $17.50 an hour for (non-certified) and (certified) is negotiable.
- Officers are eligible for overtime
- Blue Cross& Blue Shield Insurance with Dental and Vision add-on.
- KPERS Retirement Package
- Personal Time Off (PTO) for vacation and sick time, which accrues at a 12-hour rate
- 10 paid Holidays
- The department provides all equipment, uniforms, and a patrol boot allowance every two years.
- Take home patrol vehicle once FTO is completed.
- Wellness Center membership
- Room for growth in the department
- Annual review of work performance. Merit is based on performance.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid driver's license with good driving history.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be physically and mentally able to perform law enforcement duties.
- Must not have been convicted of a crime of domestic violence, certain misdemeanor crimes, or any felony or its equivalent under the Uniform Code of Military Justice. You must not have any Brady-Giglio issues.
- Must be able to complete detailed reports.
- Prefer KLETC certified or reciprocity eligible, but willing to train the right applicant.
Applicants may print the application from www.beloitks.org website. You can also contact the Beloit Police Department at 1716 N. Hersey Avenue, Beloit, Kansas, 67420, or call 785-738-2203.
Please submit a resume and copy of DD214 (if applicable) with your completed application.
Closing date: Open till filled with a qualified applicant.