The Rose Hill Police Department is seeking candidates for the full-time position of Police Officer. If you're dedicated, ambitious and want to be part of our team, Rose Hill PD is the perfect place to grow your career. As a Rose Hill Police Officer, you must be a person of honor and integrity, be compassionate, as well as possess strong communication skills and be able to render sound decisions under pressure. Most of all, you must be committed to public service, which includes participating in community service events/activities, assisting our citizens and investigating crimes.
Salary Range: $36,192 - $39,436 DOQ and excellent benefits to include: KPERS Retirement, optional Deferred Comp, Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance with 3 options to choose from, Dental and Vision Insurance, Optional AFLAC and Legal Shield Benefits, paid vacation/sick leave, 13 paid holidays, take home car program (within policy), uniforms/duty gear provided and paid training.
- Enforce all relevant codes, ordinances, laws, and regulations
- Respond to calls for police service, both emergency and non-emergency
- Patrol assigned locations on foot and by vehicle in order to prevent and discover crime
- Enforce traffic regulations, recognize violations, and issue citations
- Secure and investigate crime scenes, and collect and preserve evidence
- Makes arrests in accordance with proper apprehension techniques
- Complete appropriate reports, forms, logs, and citations
- Testify in court when subpoenaed
- Provide emergency aid as needed
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, work history and work-related references to email@example.com
- High school diploma or GED diploma, 21 years of age at time of appointment, no felony, domestic violence or serious misdemeanor offenses.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Current certified law enforcement officer preferred, but not required.
- Valid Kansas driver's license.
- Selection process includes a written test, oral board interview, interview with the Chief, polygraph/CVSA and psychological examination. Must be able to pass an extensive background check, drug screen and physical.
- Certification from Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center OR Expected to have successfully acquired necessary certification within 1 year.
- Requires 40 hours of annual in-service training.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 316-776-0191 if any questions.