The Kansas State Gaming Agency is seeking an Enforcement Agent for our Topeka location. The posting will remain active until the position has been filled. To see the full job posting and apply, click here.
To learn more about jobs with the State of Kansas, visit Jobs.ks.gov .
The Kansas State Gaming Agency's mission is to uphold the integrity of Indian gaming operations in Kansas by enforcing the tribal-state compacts and the Tribal Gaming Oversight Act.
Our core values are to:
- Foster a spirit of cooperation with all tribal gaming entities
- Promote and maintain the public’s trust in Kansas tribal gaming operations
- Develop a sense of pride, professionalism and teamwork among our staff
- Perform our duties in the most effective and efficient manner possible
- Continually build the capabilities of our employees
About the Position
- Who can apply: External
- Classified/Unclassified Service: Unclassified
- Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm (flexible scheduling may be possible)
- Eligible to Receive Benefits: Yes
- Veterans' Preference Eligible: No
- Office Location: Topeka, local daytime travel
- Search Keywords: police officer, enforcement, investigator, inspector
$23.31 - $24.52 / hour*
* Salary can vary depending upon education, experience, or qualifications.
- First day of employment coverage under the State’s comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage and dental plan
- Additional voluntary options including vision, hospital indemnity, accident and critical illness insurance plans and flexible spending accounts
- Retirement and deferred compensation programs
- Sick & Vacation leave
- Work-Life Balance programs: parental leave, military leave, jury leave, funeral leave
- Paid State Holidays (designated by the Governor annually)
- Fitness Centers in select locations
- Employee discounts with the STAR Program
Visit the Employee Benefits page for more information.
Position Summary & Responsibilities
This is a certified law enforcement position for the Kansas State Gaming Agency, located in Topeka, Kansas
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Monitor gaming activity by observing gaming activities and gaming employees. Develop informants and observe authorized and unauthorized individuals in different areas of the facilities.
- Conduct on-site inspections of electronic gaming devices, other gaming activities and gaming related operations. Draft reports for the Tribal Gaming Commissions to communicate findings of said inspections.
- Conduct background investigations on gaming license applicants. Obtain and review pertinent records including criminal history records, financial documents, employment records, education records and other legal documents. Interview parties pertinent to the background investigations. Draft reports for the Tribal Gaming Commission summarizing background investigations.
- Initiate investigations based on observations and complaints of alleged compact violations, Tribal Gaming Oversight Act violations, and other criminal violations. Make arrests; conduct searches and seizures; generally enforce all Kansas criminal laws; appear and testify in court, licensing or arbitration hearings. Work with other local, tribal, state and federal agencies to coordinate investigations.
- Graduation from high school or G.E.D.
- Knowledge of civil and criminal law
- Basic computer knowledge
Licensing & Certification:
- Law Enforcement certified, valid Driver's License
- Must be a United States citizen and at least 21 years of age
- Must have completed a basic law enforcement training program recognized by the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center and obtained certification as a law enforcement officer from the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center before being given permanent status
- This position requires the use of a firearm for law enforcement duties and therefore, candidates cannot have been convicted of, and must be free of any diversions from, a felony or misdemeanor domestic violence crime as set forth in 18 U.S.C. § 922 (d) (9) and (g) (9)
- The successful candidate will be firearms-certified each year by Kansas Law Enforcement Training Academy or designated representative
- Three (3) years of general law enforcement experience and one (1) year of investigation experience
- Gaming regulation experience and background investigation experience preferred
Post-Offer, Pre-Employment Requirements:
- At time of appointment, candidate must take and pass a drug screening test approved by the Division of Personnel Services
- The successful candidate must be able to pass an extensive KBI background investigation and polygraph
- The successful candidate (even non-residents) must obtain a valid Kansas Certificate of Tax Clearance by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue's website within 10 days of the date an offer of employment has been made. A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual's account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. A Tax Clearance expires every 90 days. This is in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03. Visit the Tax Clearance site for more information.
Recruiter Contact Information
Name: Tandy Wolters
Phone: (785) 296-0512
Kansas State Gaming Agency
420 SE 6th Street
Topeka, Kansas 66607
The State of Kansas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.