The Gardner Police Department is seeking qualified applicants to join us in providing exceptional police service to our nearly 25,000 residents. The state-of-the-art Police facility opened in 2019. Officers perform general police duties consisting of patrol work on an assigned shift, conducting preliminary investigations, and other miscellaneous public safety related duties. Requirements include graduation from a standard high school; supplemented by training of a certified law enforcement academy or center; or any combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, ability and skill. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Requires the possession of a valid driver’s license and a good driving record. Must be able to maintain a proficiency in firearms to Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center (KLETC) Standards. Physical and mental fitness required, and at least 21 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Starting Officer $28.50 hourly/ $59,280 Annually
- Step program of twelve steps at 4% per year
- Maximum Officer Salary $42.18 hourly/ $87,749 Annually
- Additional pay based on experience
- Hiring Bonus
- Certified/Lateral Officers $3,000, $1,500 at time of hire $1,500 after completion one year of service and reciprocity (if needed)
- Non-Certified Officers $2,000, $1,000 at time of hire $1,000 after one year of service.
- KP&F (Kansas Police & Fire) retirement
- Medical and additional benefits offered.
Apply online at: https://secure3.saashr.com/ta/6127718.careers?rnd=SIE&ShowAllOpenings=&%40rtm=1
More information on City of Gardner Website: https://www.gardnerkansas.gov/Home/Components/JobPosts/Job/264/133
The City of Gardner is an Equal Opportunity Employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people, regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Gender, Age, National Origin, Veteran Status, Disability, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity or Expression.
Applicants can contact Captain J. Hayes at 913-856-7312 or City of Gardner Human Resources at 913-856-7535 with additional questions.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.