The Kansas City, Kansas Public Schools (KCKPS) is a nationally recognized urban school district that serves approximately 22,000 students. With a Head Start program, three preschools, 30 elementary schools, 8 middle schools, and 5 college and career academies/high schools, the district serves a wonderfully diverse mixture of students. A remarkable 62 different languages are spoken in the homes of our students. To serve those students, the district employs approximately 3,650 staff, including more than 1,600 teachers. The vision of the Kansas City, Kansas Public Schools is to be one of the Top 10 School Districts in the Nation. Our goal is that "Each student will exit high school prepared for college and careers in a global society, and at every level, performance is on track and on time for success." To help our students achieve this goal, the district is implementing a district-wide initiative called Diploma+. We are looking for police officers to educate, mentor build relationships with students, staff, and community, develop partnerships with school district and community stakeholders, and to enforce district policies, local, and state laws.
Position Salary/Benefits: KPERS Retirement, Vacation and Disability Days, Health, Dental and Vision Insurance. Starting $22.50 an hour.
Minimum Requirement for Position:
- Must be a Citizen of the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years old to apply.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have a valid KLETC or other Class A Basic Law Enforcement Training Certificate (recognized by KS CPOST) and/or current Kansas CPOST certification or eligible to attend and successfully complete the 14 week Basic Law Enforcement Training Program at KLETC.
- Must be a least 5’2” in height (KSA 44-1110) and able to meet minimum health and fitness standards.
- Must pass a drug and alcohol screen, physical, weapons qualification course and psychological exam.
- Must have a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Certification in CPR, First Aid and AED.
- Previous training or coursework in law enforcement procedures.
- Experience successfully working as a Law Enforcement Officer.
- Experience working as a Campus Police Officer or School Resource Officer
Apply at www.kckps.org/careers
Contact: Kevin LaBranche 816-627-2411