The City of Oxford (population 1,017) is accepting applications for Chief of Police. The police department currently consists of a police chief, two full-time police officers, two part-time police officers and a part-time police clerk.
Under the supervision of the Mayor, the Chief of Police provides for the safety and well-being of Oxford’s citizens and guests through management of assigned law enforcement and public safety resources.
The Police Chief candidate must have well developed technical, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills. They must be able to work under pressure, the ability to set and meet goals, ability to meet deadlines, and the ability to develop and maintain credibility and trust within City Council, City staff, the public, local state and federal agencies.
SKILLS & TRAITS
- Excellent reputation with a high level of honesty and integrity
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical abilities
- Solid writing and communication skill sets
- Outgoing, positive and approachable personality
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Certification through KLETC is required
- High school diploma (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Minimum of ten years law enforcement experience
- Five years or more supervisory experience (Sergeant and above)
- Must be a United States citizen
- Have a valid Kansas driver’s license
- No felony convictions or disqualifying criminal history
- Background check, physical, drug testing and psychological evaluation
- No Brady/Giglio issues
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- $40,000-$55,000 annually, depending on qualifications, includes overtime
- On-call compensation
- KPERS, health insurance, dental, vision, vacation, sick and holidays
- Cell phone incentives
Application can be made through or HRePartners, or by sending resume and application to the City