The City of Council Grove is accepting applications for the position of full-time police officer.
Council Grove is a historic town in Northeast Kansas with a population of approximately 2300. The city has a populated lake that is patrolled by land and water. There is a federal reservoir within 2 miles of Council Grove with camping amenities that is not within the city limits. The department has 7 full-time police officers and 1 part-time police officer. The department works 10 hour rotating shifts.
KLETC certification is preferred
High school diploma or GED required
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must have a valid driver's license
- No domestic violence related convictions
- No Brady/Giglio material
- No felony convictions
- Must live within 20 minutes of the city limits of Council Grove
- 6 month probation period
- Thorough Background check, physical, psychological test, and drug/alcohol test required
We are looking for an officer with a good work ethic and is proactive.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
KPERS, health insurance, dental, vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
Please pick up an application at city hall, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resume is required when turning in application. Contact Nick Jones.