Minimum Hourly Rate Starting at $18.75 * Hourly rate may vary depending upon education, experience, or qualifications. Variable schedule, subject to nights, weekends, holidays and overtime.
Minimum Hourly Rate Starting at $18.75
* Hourly rate may vary depending upon education, experience, or qualifications.
Medical, dental and vision (up to 75% paid by the City of El Dorado)
The City of El Dorado contributes approximately $23,600.00* annually to medical coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, and KP&F retirement. *subject to change (This average is calculated on family medical, dental and vision coverage)
HSA match: $500/year for Single coverage $1,000/year for Family coverage
Sick & Personal leave
Work-Life Balance programs: military leave, civil leave, bereavement leave
9 paid holidays
YMCA membership, good at any Greater-Wichita YMCA location ($15 a month paid by the City of El Dorado)
KP&F Retirement and deferred compensation programs
EMPAC Employee Assistance Program
Join Our Team
The El Dorado Police Department is a highly progressive and professional agency providing dedicated service to the citizens of El Dorado since 1917. Our motto "Community Safety, Partners in Service" states the essential purpose of the El Dorado Police Department. We protect the rights of all persons within our jurisdiction to be free from criminal attack, to be secure in their possessions and to live in peace. We have an authorized force of 28 sworn officers and we want you to join our team.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Valid Kansas Driver’s License
Ability to obtain State of Kansas patrol officer certification through Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center.
Within 6 months of hire, must live within 30 minutes of corporate city limits
*Any or all requirements may be waived at the discretion of the City Manager, Police Chief, or designee
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor; subject to reasonable accommodations
Application Special Instructions
Applicants who do not meet these minimum requirements will be automatically disqualified and are asked not to attend the scheduled testing date:
1. 21 years of age or older before hire date.
2. Citizen of the United States.
3. If military service has been rendered discharge must be honorable or equivalent.
4. If previous law enforcement certificate must not be revoked by the State of Kansas or any other state.
5. Has not been convicted, and does not have an expunged conviction for a crime which is a felony or felony level equivalent under the uniform code of military justice.
6. Has not been placed on diversion on or after July 1, 1995, by any state of the federal government for a crime which is a felony or its equivalent under the uniform code of military justice.
7. No convictions of DUI/DWI or other serious driving violation in the past 5 years.
8. No more than 1 DUI/DWI or other serious driving violation convictions (no time limit).
9. No more than 3 moving violations and at fault accidents within the past 3 years.
10. Has a high school diploma or furnishes evidence of successful completion of an examination indicating an equivalent achievement.
11. Is free of any physical or mental conditions, which might adversely affect the applicant's performance as a patrol officer.
12. No convictions of morals, drugs or weapons charges which include, but are not limited to the following: Prostitution, Promoting prostitution, Indecent exposure, Sale of marijuana, narcotics, or non-narcotic drugs, Incest, Commercial gambling.
13. No marijuana use or possession within the past 2 years.
14. No illegal use or possession of narcotics, or non-narcotic drugs within the past 10 years.
15. No convictions of misdemeanor crimes of violence/use of physical force within the past 3 years.
16. No more than 1 conviction for misdemeanor crimes of violence/use of physical force (no time limit).
17. Has not been convicted, does not have an expunged conviction, or has not been placed on diversion by any governmental entity for a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence or its equivalent under the uniform code of military justice. For the purposes of this section, a crime of domestic violence means a crime where an element of the crime is the user of or attempted use of physical force against another person who is a spouse, ex-spouse, a person with whom one shares a child in common, a person with whom one has cohabitated, ones parents, ones child, ones stepchild, ones foster child, or any child for whom one was the legal guardian.
18. A single conviction of any crime involving an element of deceit, untruthfulness, or dishonesty.
19. Any illegal distribution or sale of drugs whether or not charged, arrested, or convicted.
20. Any commission of felony crimes. Any information that could result in criminal charges will be forwarded to the proper jurisdiction.
21. No previously undisclosed crimes involving morals charges which include, but are not limited to the crimes outlined in 12 above.
22. Must possess a valid driver's license at the time of employment. Must obtain a valid Kansas Driver's License within 30 days of employment.