Job Location: Wellington
Other Potential Locations: Wellington, KS
Anticipated Start Date: 08/10/2020
Number of Positions: 1.00
Salary Range: $68,040-$75,600
Salary Band: 27
- Protects and safeguards company assets and resources including personnel, property and customer’s property entrusted to the company.
- Conduct proficient, sensitive corporate and criminal investigations, provide accurate, detailed reports and provide court testimony when required.
- Identify and properly handle trespassers on Company property and make arrests as appropriate.
- Counsels and advises company officials to reduce crime and accidents and improve security; coordinates response to railroad emergencies; supervises contract security guards and trains other employees on relevant matters.
- Perform aggressive crime prevention patrol of facilities, railroad property and trains, with special emphasis on TOFC/COFC, automobiles, and high value shipments.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have satisfactorily completed basic police training at a recognized state certified academy
- Must meet peace officer commissioning standards in state in which this job is posted and be commissioned as such and maintain a valid State Peace Office License in that state.
- Must meet BNSF Resource Protection Solutions Team standards as a Special Agent
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be willing and able to travel as required
- Must be able and willing to use the company’s computer system for creating reports and databases
- Must be physically and psychologically fit, able to successfully pass any required company evaluations and pass an extensive background investigation
- Must successfully complete any required company training for this position
- Must have broad knowledge of railroad industry and operations; particularly as it relates to handling emergency situations such as derailments, load securement, and like events
- Must have a broad knowledge of criminal law and procedures
- Must be able to successfully lead people, often in a stressful critical-event environment
- Must be able to meet any government or Company training and retention standards
- Mustlive or be willingto relocate within 50 miles of the assigned work location
- Eighteen months of successful experience as a full time peace officer with a city, county, state, federal or railroad law enforcement agency required
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.