The Marshall County Sheriff’s Office is currently taking applications for a full time Deputy. Marshall County has a population of about 9800 people and covers 900 square miles. Applicants must be able to work weekends, nights and some holidays. This is a patrol position.
Benefits include KPERS, paid holidays, family health insurance, overtime and a take home vehicle. Uniforms and gear are provided.
Salary starts at $18.75 - depends on experience.
Applicant must :
- Be a US Citizen;
- Have a valid driver’s license;
- have no felony convictions of any kind and no convictions of certain misdemeanors, including domestic violence and no Brady Giglio issues;
- be of good moral character;
- be a high school graduate or equivalent;
- pass a phycological testing and entry exam;
- be free of any physical or mental condition that would effect the ability to perform the duties of a law enforcement officer;
- be at least 21 years of age.
Full-time certification from Kansas Law Enforcement Training Academy is preferred but not required. Applicant must be able to pass a background check. Applicant must also reside in Marshall County with in 30 days of hire.
Applicants may pick up an application at the Marshall County Sheriff’s Office, 107 S 13th Street, Marysville, Ks 66508 or can call to request one be sent if you live outside Marshall County. Mail it back attention: Undersheriff Tim Ackerman
June 30th, 2020 is the cut off date for applications.
Sheriff Tim Ackerman
107 S 13th St
Marysville, Ks 66508
Closing date is June 30, 2020