The City of Pratt KS is currently taking applications for Full Time Police Officer. Pratt is a City of approximately 7,000 people located 70 miles west of Wichita KS. City of Pratt Police Officers are be required to work 12 hour shifts, holidays, and weekends as assigned.
TYPE: Full Time
SALARY: Entry level Police Officers can start at approximately $17.76/hr. Starting salary for Lateral entry Police Officers is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The City of Pratt provides, as a sampling, the following benefits for full-time employees:
- Paid Vacation Time after 1 year of full time employment
- Paid Sick Leave Time
- Paid Injury leave
- 6 Paid Holidays
- 2 Paid Discretionary Days
- Longevity Pay after 1 year of employment
- Health and Dental Insurance through Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- KPERS Retirement Program
- Paid Life Insurance through Advance Life Insurance
- Other Optional Insurance (including cancer and injury) through AFLAC
- Deferred Compensation Plans through ING.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: No previous experience necessary.
- Education: High School diploma or GED. Possession of a valid driver’s license is mandatory.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age.
- Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check with no felony or major misdemeanor convictions.
- Applicants must be able to communicate proficiently.
- Applicants must be able to pass a drug screen.
- Applicants must be possess basic computer skills in order to effectively transmit data from a call source to police, fire, emergency medical services, and other businesses and/or citizens
- Environmental conditions and physical demands
OBTAINING AN APPLICATION: Applications are available at the Pratt Police Department located at 303 S Oak Street at the City Offices located at 619 S Main Street, you can obtain a printable application through the following link.
Please include RESUME with Application.
The City of Pratt is an Equal Opportunity Employer