The Jewell County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications to fill a full time Deputy position. Jewell County is a small county with a population of around 3000 located in North Central Kansas.
Applicant must be capable of working without direct supervision and able to make decisions in emergency situations. This position requires working various shifts, holidays and weekends. Duties include protecting people and property, patrol the county, respond to calls, enforce laws, make arrests, issue citations, investigate crimes and traffic accidents, and occasionally testify in court cases. This position also requires booking inmates and maintaining the jail as we do not have a jail staff.
Benefits include KPERS, 9 paid holidays a year, family health insurance, overtime pay and a take home patrol car. Uniforms and gear will also be provided.
Salary: Depends on experience.
- Be a United States citizen and have a valid driver’s license;
- Have no felony convictions of any kind; and no conviction of certain misdemeanors, including domestic violence; and no Brady Giglio issues;
- Be a high school graduate, or the equivalent thereof;
- Be of good moral character;
- Pass psychological testing;
- Be free of any physical or mental condition which adversely affects the ability to perform the essential functions of a law enforcement officer;
- Be at least 21 years of age.
A full time law enforcement certification is preferred but not required. Applicant must be able to pass a background check. Applicant must live in Jewell County or become a resident within 60 days.
For questions or to apply contact the Jewell County Sheriff’s Office at (785)-378-3194 or e-mail email@example.com
Open until filled.