Tomorrow, January 9, is Law Enforcement Appreciation Day. I want to take a moment to thank and show my utmost gratitude to all law enforcement throughout Kansas. I am tremendously proud to serve alongside you and proud to offer support to you through KPOA.
I want all of us to pay tribute to our law enforcement officers in Kansas and in our nation, for your/their sacrifice, bravery, and commitment to protecting others. I also want to honor those officers and their families who have made the ultimate sacrifice to help others.
You have chosen a profession that puts your life on the line every day for the safety and security of your communities. Please take this time on Saturday, January 9th, 2021 to show your appreciation to the law enforcement professionals by:
- Wear blue in support of law enforcement
- Send a card or letter of support to your local police department, county sheriff, tribal, state and/or federal agency
- Tell an officer “Thank You”
- Participate in Project Blue Light – Proudly display your blue light in support of law enforcement
- Turn your social media channel blue
- Fly a blue ribbon on your vehicles, mailbox, or anywhere a ribbon can be tied
- Share a positive law enforcement story or experience on social media.
As always stay safe and God bless!