Applications for Scholarships Must be Postmarked by March 31
Terms of KPOA Scholarship Terms and Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a high school senior or college student and the child or dependent* of an active KPOA Member
*Dependent as defined by the IRS is either a qualifying child or a qualifying relative of the taxpayer.
- Must attend an accredited technical school, junior college (community college) or four-year university in the state of Kansas.
- Must enroll in 12 hours or more in college credits per semester and maintain a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Must submit High School and College (if applicant has attended college) transcripts with the application.
- Must submit to an oral interview by KPOA scholarship committee if so requested.
- Must include a brief, no longer than one type written page document of future academic and life goals with application.
- Must include a recent photograph with application.
- Must include a letter of endorsement from a law enforcement officer, other than the applicant's parent or relative, in applicant's area.
Mail completed application with all required items listed above to:
KPOA Scholarship Committee • P.O. Box 2592 • Wichita, KS 67201
Must be postmarked no later than March 31.
The KPOA Scholarship award is $1,000.00 and will be paid in two (2) $500.00 installments in the first and second semesters. To be awarded the second semester award payment, award recipient must provide an official transcript showing the first semester GPA and second semester enrollment schedule showing award recipient will be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours during the semester.
A maximum of five $1,000.00 scholarship will be awarded during each calendar/fiscal year. Scholarship award recipients are only allowed a maximum of two (2) annual scholarships for a maximum award amount of $2,000.00.